Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ferguson, Missouri


New this year - Kraft's mac and cheese TMNT shapes! One box each for me and the hubby. Here are Splinter, Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and (my personal fave) Raphael.

Light-hearted macaroni discussion aside, I'm appalled as any human being should be, at what's taking place in Ferguson, MI. For one, it's close to my home (kinda, I'm in KS). For another, what the hell is going on with cops in the US? They shot that poor boy for one reason: because he wasn't afraid of them. And now they're doing the same thing to the town.

It's disheartening and it makes me sad.

It also makes me sad to see how some media avenues spin the story. Some empathize the violence of the people, which is ridiculous. Obama himself had to condemn both sides to be politically correct, and yet even he had to know it was nuts to say "there is never a reason for people to shoot at the police" (not the exact quote I believe, but that's the gist).

Excuse me? No reason? A cop comes up to me, unarmed, holding my hands in the air, and is going to shoot me. Just because I'm not afraid and I should be in his eyes; I should treat him as a superior being since he's a cop (or racially, because he's what he thinks is a better color, or gender, etc). Whatever the cause, people have a right to fight back against terrorism - even if the police are the terrorists. Especially if they are! Ugh.

Also, for those folks wondering what the name of the cop is that shot the boy, it was released online. If you check, you can probably find it now. Because they'll never release it unless a judge demands it, the chief was quoted saying that tonight.

No comments: