Saturday, September 9, 2017

Toreba Crane Machine App

Hey, I haven't posted here in ages!

That isn't to say I haven't been pissed - a part of being The Angry Nekomata is constantly being pissed, like Bruce Banner says in that one movie -- I just haven't been pissed enough to post.

Until now.

If you are considering trying the hot new craze "Toreba", please read this first! 

I love crane machines. That's what this is all about, by the way, those prize machines with the claw where you can win a stuffed animal or some kind of prize. I used to live on the shore, and I'd regularly empty those MFers enough to ask the guys and gals behind the arcade counters for bags to carry all my loot in. I'm the gal others would ask "Here - please take my money and win me that for me/my husband/kid, etc" .

No problem. I can do that. I would always walk away before the machine was empty, because I felt bad if I emptied one. Don't get me wrong. But that's how good I am. So when my husband found out there's this app where you play these machines in Japan on your phone, in real time, and actually win plushes and stuff - wtf?! Of course he let me know.

I hesitated (I have big problems with buying too much online and on apps) but eventually gave it a try. $35.98 later, I have absolutely nothing to show for my efforts. I gave up and bought one of the biggest plushes I wanted (for less than that, by the way). And that's the lesson here. Unless you can be content with the "free" tries or earning TP (the cash used to try your go at a crane/fishing/lotto machine) by completing offers - DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.

Just go to this website: The Otaku Mode (yeah, I do have a referral link, but hey, we both get more stuff if you sign up and it's free. Also, I'm not doing this just to promote this site. Honest.) The site sells the exact same shit (and more) you'd ever want from Japan. Candies, snacks, anime/manga, kawaii plushies and squishies, more. You can see it's cheaper, even with the shipping from Japan, to buy from there. Most of the prizes are around $5 or so USD - but they'll take you hundreds to win. It's damn near impossible, trust me.

But - yeah, yeah, I couldn't win a single thing. I compensated for lag, trust me. Because the game lags like crazy. The camera also blacks out sometimes (really fun, let me tell you).

The point is, I actually got the claws wrapped 100% perfect a large number of times (because that's how I win all the time here, duh) but guess what? They're too weak. It's rigged. Did you know in the States there's inspectors that go to the arcades and test the strength of the claws? They have to grip a certain percentage or it's illegal. I'm not so sure about Japan.

The other way to win is either pure chance (ping pong lottery/fishing game) or waiting. Because, you see, others know that you'll spend $100 edging that plushie down the ramp... and when you either rage quit or run out of money, they dash in and poke! One push shoves it down. So if you're good at being a douche, by all means you can try this. Or just plug away at it, poking it, until it falls in. But that also will cost far too much than just buying the damn thing!













No comments: